Quartz Promotion of Local Development is an international consulting organization that advises and supports projects developed by local governments, non-profit organizations and companies.
Its objective is to provide specialized consultancy and advisory services in areas related to the social and human sciences such as management, tourism, environment, creative economy, youth, culture, social inclusion and territorial and regional development.
The organization also assists in the development of public policy planning and the execution of activities related to national and international technical cooperation, research, production and promotion of events and training.
Its approach is to cooperate and support the articulation between different actors, focusing on long-term strategic planning and design activities that appropriate the integrated management of local resources for the improvement and sustainability of a territory.
With experience in local governments, designing strategies based on participatory management models, which allows for joint actions between the government, such as non-governmental organizations, the private sector and civil society.
Senior International Consultants:
Denise Bocorny Messias
Our consulting team is a consortium of professionals with expertise in several areas. We work in partnership with our clients. Our advice and solutions are shaped by each client's unique needs and business context and are designed to ensure that clients get the best results.
Our consultants support clients in several ways
• Act as a catalyst for community and organizational change
• Link groups with mutually supportive goals to allow them to work together creating networks
• Help build capacity and sustainability at the community and local government level
• Share the ownership of any work that we do
• Our work is participatory
• Presentations and workshops
• Research and analysis
• Production of educational materials and reports
• Evaluation and feasibility studies
Key Areas of Service
• Organizational development, strategic planning
• Development of alternative policies and systems
• Service planning
• Organizational development and facilitation
• Community education and advocacy
• Community service networking, government programs, legislation
• Mediation practices and teaching
• Human resource systems and procedures
• Management processes and techniques including board governance
• Risk management for organizations and local governments
Areas of our consulting practice:
• Tools and techniques
• Partnerships with local government
• policy development and advocacy
• Air quality
Community Capacity Building
• Strategic Thinking
• Developing access to power
• Local Ownership
• Needs assessment
• Participatory budget
• Healthy public policy
• Equity and health promotion
Healthy City/Healthy Communities
• Social entrepreneurship
• Social capital development
Community Engagement – tools and techniques
Mediation and Conflict Resolution
Organizational development and support
Community Advocacy and Participation in local government
Governance and Board tools
Environmental Policy and Advocacy
Access to Funding techniques
Quartz has had the privilege of working with a wide range of organizations to support their efforts on local development. Below are just a few examples of some of the relationships we have built and local issues we help solve.
- Programa Plano Diretor como Mecanismo de Promoção de Equidade – CNM – National Confederation of Municipalities Brazil in partnership with CIDA – Canadian International Development Program
UNDP – United Nations Development Program – CAPACIDADES – Projeto para o Desenvolvimento Humano Local – CNM in Partnership with UNDP – United Nations Development Program
– Projeto UNIVERCIDADES – CNM in partnership with EU – European Union
Our ability to affect change derive from years of experience, constant learning from those around us and endless curiosity about the world we live in. As a result, we have created approaches that highlight innovative ways to approach communities, organizations and local government.
Blogs / Podcasts / Tools / Galery